Radiology Technician: also referred to as Radiologic technologist, Radiological technologist.
Perform diagnostic imaging examinations such as X-rays, CT and MRI scans under the guidance of a Radiologist. Prepare patients and operating equipment for tests, keep patient records, adjusting equipment’s based on patient need and test recommended and maintaining equipment. Prepare work schedules such as patient registered for the day, patients scheduled for different test, feedback on the quality of equipment, or manage a radiology department and assistant in overall management of radiology department.
Radiology Technicians must be able to interact with patient and their attendants and be a team players. They must also be polite and be able to calm and placate upset patients (and accompanying members). They should be able to work for long period of time in standing position and must be able direct, transfer, help patients reach the test location. to cardio vascular system.
- Demonstrate performing diagnostic imaging examinations such as X ray , CT and MRI scans under the guidance of a radiologist
- Demonstrate preparing patients for radiological scans
- Demonstrate to understand and determine radiological needs of the patient
- Demonstrate to prepare the room & patient for the procedure
- Demonstrate radiological safety measures
- Demonstrate knowledge about dark room techniques
- Demonstrate to assess faults in Radiographs and remedy (Machine know how)
- Demonstrate polite and strategiccommunication skills, grooming skills, professional etiquettes and leadership qualities
- Demonstrate skills to Radiography techniques & positioning
- Demonstrate skills to manage patient, department in radiological field