10+2 (Any Stream )
The Medical laboratory technicians perform complex tests for diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of disease. These professionals are responsible for supporting and assisting doctors/ scientists in their day to day working in a variety of roles. They function as the main support to biomedical scientists in pathology laboratories.
This job requires individuals to work as a part of a multidisciplinary team and should demonstrate motivation and an innovative approach. The individual should have good organisational and time management skills and should have understanding of the anatomy and physiology human body, particularly related to cardio vascular system.
- Describe the healthcare sector and diagnostic services
- Perform clinical skills essential in providing basic diagnostic services such as
- Correctly collect, transport, receive, accept or reject and store blood /urine/stool and tissue samples, etc.; Conduct analysis of body fluids/ samples; Maintain, operate and clean laboratory equipment; Provide technical information about test results
- Prepare and document medical tests and clinical results; etc.
- Explain quality assurance in Laboratory works
- Practice infection control measures
- Ensure readily availability of medical and diagnostic supplies
- Demonstrate techniques to maintain the personal hygiene needs
- Demonstrate actions in the event of medical and facility emergencies
- Exhibit professional behavior, personal qualities and characteristics of a Medical laboratory Technician
- Demonstrate good communication, communicate accurately and appropriately in the role of Medical laboratory Technician