Medical Laboratory Technician
Eligibility - 10/10+2/Graduate(All Streams)
OverviewMedical Laboratory Technician (MLT): also referred to as Clinical Laboratory Science professional, Medical Technologist and Medical Laboratory Scientist.
Job DescriptionThe Medical laboratory technicians perform complex tests for diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of disease. These professionals are responsible for supporting and assisting doctors/ scientists in their day to day working in a variety of roles. They function as the main support to biomedical scientists in pathology laboratories.
Personal AttributesThis job requires the MLT to work in association with doctors, pathologists and scientists. Essential attributes include empathy, orientation to detail, dexterity, critical thinking, persistence and ability to work in stressful environment.
- Describe the healthcare sector and diagnostic services
- Perform clinical skills essential in providing basic diagnostic services such as Correctly collect, transport, receive, accept or reject and store blood /urine/stool and tissue samples, etc.; Conduct analysis of body fluids/ samples; Maintain, operate and clean laboratory equipment; Provide technical information about test results
- Prepare and document medical tests and clinical results; etc.
- Explain quality assurance in Laboratory works
- Practice infection control measures
- Ensure readily availability of medical and diagnostic supplies
- Demonstrate techniques to maintain the personal hygiene needs
- Demonstrate actions in the event of medical and facility emergencies
- Exhibit professional behavior, personal qualities and characteristics of a Medical laboratory Technician
- Demonstrate good communication, communicate accurately and appropriately in the role of Medical laboratory Technician